Call for Papers, Short Papers, Apps and Posters
The Call for Paper is closed (for sessions)! Posters and app abstracts can still be submitted.
Find the progamme here.
Contribution formats for the CHNT 27 I 2022
The CHNT Committee invites to submit the following contributions:
Papers are intended to present new research and best-practices concerning methods, technologies and their application in the cultural heritage sector as well as thorough discussions of their impact and theoretical implications in the field. The papers are subject to single-blind peer-review by external reviewers and members of the scientific committee of CHNT.
The papers will be presented in a session at the conference. The paper should be submitted in the form of a long abstract. Please use the appropriate template.
Short papers provide the opportunity to present a wide range of topics, ranging from the presentation of new projects, preliminary reports or the exchange of experiences and smaller tweaks in the application of already established methods and technologies. Short papers are reviewed by the session chairs and the editorial team of CHNT.
The short papers will be presented in a round table at the conference. The short paper should be submitted in the form of a long abstract. Please use the appropriate template.
The App should be described in the form of a long abstract.
Please use the appropriate template.
Specific terms and conditions:
- The app should be produced in English
- The app presenter(s) must be online at the time of the app-award
- The app should be available to interested users in any appropriate form (online availability)
- The content must be related to cultural heritage or archaeology
- The Call for APPS is open until August 27, 2022
- The app should be online until October 10, 2022 latest
Including the stores – Play Store and Apple Store – free download is required.
Award for Innovative Apps in Cultural Heritage
This year our partner 7Reasons Medien GmbH is glad to honor the “best app” as one of the highlights of the conference. The winner of this year’s award is allowed to publish the proposed work as short paper in the conference’s proceedings.
Criteria of judgement
- Archaeological and cultural heritage quality
- Concept (idea, plan..)
- Informative value
- Entertainment value
The evaluation will be done by a panel of experts.
The “CHNT Poster Session” is a thematically “open” call for papers, but must be within the framework of the conference. A poster submission can also be linked to a session or round table.
The work will be presented as a poster during the entire conference and the authors are invited to give a short presentation of their project. The poster should be described in the form of a long abstract. Please use the appropriate template.
If you are submitting for a session or round table aswell, choose one of them and tick the “Poster” box.
If you are just submitting for the poster presentation, please do only tick the “Poster” box.
Best Poster Award
Every year, the Scientific Committee of CHNT is looking forward to the great and outstanding posters and is glad to honor the “best poster” as one of the highlights of the conference. The winner of this year’s award is allowed to publish the proposed work as long paper in the conference’s proceedings.
- Size of the Poster: A0 (841 x 1188 mm)
- Orientation: portrait
- Design the poster space carefully by using several sections including title, objectives, methodology, input data, case study, results, analysis, conclusion(s), etc. All sections should be clearly and nicely presented, e.g. by using frames and colours
- Use large characters that are at least 10 mm (e.g. Arial, Times New Roman). Do not use more than 2000 characters
- Give each section a title and a brief explanation
- Prepare enlarged figures / photographs (3–5) with a minimum size of 200 mm by 250 mm
- Do not forget to put the author(s)’ name(s), affiliation and email-address(es) on the poster
Delivering your Presentation
- Each author has to present the poster within a 2 minutes oral presentation
- Send a digital copy of your accepted poster or a detail (PDF) by October 25, 2022 to email@example.com. (max. files size: 2 MB)
- Bring your poster in hard copy format to the conference on Thursday, November 10, 2022 between 8 and 9 am to the registration point or use our printing service
- Accepted posters will be shown for the duration of the conference
The format of this session shall give especially young scientists the opportunity to perform their “first steps” into the scientific community but, of course, it is not limited to those.
Publication formats for the Proceedings of CHNT 27 I 2022
Presenters and session chairs who participated in CHNT 27 have the possibility to publish their contributions in the proceedings of the conference. From 2019 on, the proceedings of the Conference on Cultural Heritage and New Technologies are being published as an e-book series on propylaeum, the information service for the classics in Heidelberg. The book and all of its papers will be available permanently with persistent identifiers (doi). The papers or the whole book will be available there in open access under a creative commons license. There are two formats for publishing in the proceedings: Papers and short papers.